Thursday, February 7, 2013

Worn out

It takes a lot of strength to get up everyday align my joints and put on a smile. It hurts.  Even when something is not dislocated it still hurts. It always hurts.  Being positive has never really been tough for me though.  I have always thought that there is someone out there who would love to only have Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome and that I should be happy that it's not worse.  Someone recently told me that I must have been born with extra endorphins which I think might actually be true!  While being positive is a great thing it has really caused me to forget about myself and ignore the pain I am in which really gets me into trouble in the long run.  For my health I really need to start thinking about myself and learn to not ignore the pain and try to put my needs higher up on the priority scale.

1 comment:

  1. This is a really great post, and I think its one that rings true for most of us with EDS. I'd love to read more of what you'd have to write.... any plans to continue with the blog?

    ReplyDelete